Best Shampoos Without Harmful Parabens and Sulfates (2023) Malaysia
Best Shampoos Without Harmful Parabens and Sulfates (2023)
Paraben-free and sulfate-free shampoos and other hair care products are increasingly popular today. Why? It has been discovered that a majority of popular hair care products contain harmful sulfates and parabens, scientifically proven chemicals that not only cause damage not only to your hair and scalp but also to your health!
What are Parabens?
Parabens are harmful chemicals that are used to prevent bacteria. They also act as a preservative in many beauty products such as deodorants, lotions, lipsticks, shampoos, scrubs and much more since the 1950s! Look closely at the ingredients lists of your beauty products and you will find them under names like methylparaben, propylparaben, and butylparaben and many more.
Why you should choose Paraben-free shampoos
While parabens do keep mould and other bacteria from growing inside your cosmetics, studies have shown that some parabens mimic the activity of the hormone estrogen and can therefore interfere with estrogen production. Too much estrogen can trigger an increase in breast cell division and tumor growth. It can also cause skin irritation and negatively impacts fertility and reproductive organs.
What are Sulfates?
Sulfates are included as a foaming agent. Sulfates, aka Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, are primarily a type of surfactant (detergent or emulsifier) that attracts both oil and water for the effect of ‘cleaner wash’. It is commonly found in various shampoo brands in the market.
Why Sulfates are bad for you
Your hair will become dry and brittle! While sulfates help remove dirt and dead skin cells from your scalp, they can also strip your hair of its natural oils. Fragile hair types (curly or colour-treated hair) should take caution to avoid damage, hair breakage or frizz due to sulfates. Sensitive scalps could also experience irritation like redness, dryness, and itching due to sulfates.
Fast fact: If you colour your hair, stay clear of sulfates in shampoos. Sulfates enable colours to leave the hair shaft at a faster rate when the shampoo is foamed up with water.
Top 3 paraben-free + sulfate-free shampoos to try now!
for Clarify and Shine, 300ML
• Gives hair a smooth, shiny full look
• Paraben and sulfate-free, no dyes
• Most affordable
• Made with colloidal oatmeal extract
Normal Retail Price: RM138
Beauty Editor’s Rating: 5 star
• Formulated with grapefruit essential oils to help revitalize scalp.
• Sulfate-free, suitable for even the most fragile hair.
• Leaves hair glossy, soft and perfectly nourished.
• Has a creamy mousse texture.
Normal Retail Price: RM75
Lazada Rating: 5.0 / 5
• Formulated to prevent and resolve the most common scalp and hair conditions
• “Prescription” hair care designed to address hair and scalp concerns
• Contain phytoceuticals, active biological compounds only found in plants,
each with their own exceptional anti-inflammatory properties
• Paraben and sulfate-free
Normal retail price: RM196
Lazada Rating: 5.0 / 5
Top picks to power up your scalp and hair repair
If you have been using hair care products with harmful paraben and sulfates, consider these rockstars to reverse the damage done!
(Specifique Hydra-Apaisant) 200mL
- Scalp balancing and nourishing properties
- Leaves a cooling and soothing sensation on scalp.
- Provides softness, preserving the lightness and fiber tonicity
- Anti-oxidant promoting a healthy scalp
Normal retail price RM205
Lazada Rating: 4.9/5
It may also be a good idea to look into hair care supplements or vitamins such as biotin (vitamin B7) to nourish your hair from the inside out. Here are some of the recent raves:
5. LAC GNC Biotin 600mcg (120 tablets)
- Each tablet provides 600 mcg of biotin.
- Aids in normal cell growth.
- Provides support for normal protein metabolism.
- A water soluble B-Vitamin found in brewer's yeast, cooked egg yolks, meat and poultry.
- Direction of use: As a dietary supplement, take one caplet daily.
Normal retail price: RM90.90
Lazada rating: 4.6 / 5
6. PROJECT B Hair Food - Thick Hair Growth Supplement for Men & Women [30 / 60 days] with Collagen, Ashwagandha, Saw Palmetto, Ginseng, Black Pepper, Maca Root, Fenugreek, Amino Acid, Vitamins & more
- 36 Comprehensive Super Vitamins for Hair and Scalp
- Multi-Targeted Hair Growth Properties
- A dynamic keratin system that adjusts scalp and follicle health to fit the most optimal environment that encourages efficient hair growth.
- Complete with properties that cement hair protein and maintain hair bond for a polished texture.
- Boosted Hair Follicle Primed For Hair Sprouting
- Consistent Stimulation For Hair Growth
- Cemented Keratin For Sturdy Hair Strands That Slows Hair Fall
Normal retail price:
- Single pack (30’s) RM189
- Double pack (30’s x 2) RM378
Lazada rating: 5.0 / 5